Get the most out of your smart home by organizing your C by GE devices in the C by GE app. You can organize your devices with Locations and Rooms.
Locations should reflect the physical location of your smart home. Most users keep this simple and call their primary location Home. But, you may have more than one location with smart devices. For example, if you have C by GE devices set up at your home and your office at work, we recommend creating two locations and naming one location Home, and the second location Office.
Rooms are created and saved within your locations. For example, if one of your locations is called Home, and you have devices in the living room and master bedroom, we recommend naming your app rooms Living Room and Master Bedroom. Then, add the C by GE devices in your living room, in the app room labeled Living Room.
Some important things to understand when creating and organizing your app rooms:
- Devices in the same Room can be controlled together in the C by GE app with a single press.
- C by GE switches, remotes, and motion sensors will control all devices in the same Room together. This makes it easy to group devices together that you want to control as a group.
- You can also prevent devices from being controlled as part of a group by placing them in a different Room in the app.
Pro Tip: If you have a room with a C by GE smart switch that turns on overhead lights, you can also have it turn on lamps at the same time!
- Install your C by GE smart switch and add it to a room in the C by GE app.
- Replace the bulb in your lamp with a C by GE smart bulb OR plug your lamp into a C by GE smart plug.
- When adding the bulb or plug to the C by GE app, place it in the same Room as the C by GE smart switch.
- Whenever you use the buttons on the smart switch, they will control both the overhead lights as well as your lamp!