If you want to set up your C by GE lights directly to the Google Home app (not using the C by GE app) follow these Made For Google set up instructions.
If you want to set up your C by GE lights with the C by GE app and link to the Google Home app, follow these instructions:
Important: One of your connected C by GE devices must be a C by GE Wi-Fi device in order to enable Google control. Our Wi-Fi devices include the Smart Plug, Smart Switch or C-Reach.
- Plug in your light strips or install your C by GE light bulbs in the sockets that will be powering them. Make sure they are within 40 feet of each other*.
- Turn on all the lights you are adding to the app. Light strips will automatically turn on when plugged in.
- Open the C by GE app
- Tap the plus (+) icon in the top right corner
- Select “Add New Devices”
- Select “Lights”
- Any lights that connect to the app will blink 3 times.
- If you receive a prompt to use the Google Home app, you have two choices:
- Continue with the C by GE app = this means you will control your lights with the C by GE app. If you want to enable Google, you can do this with the Works With Google set up.
- Open Google Home app = this means you will set up and control your lights with the Google Home app (C by GE app not needed). If you choose this path, you will follow the Made For Google set up.
- Complete setup with the instructions prompted by the C by GE app.