Your Smart Switch must be installed prior to adding it in the C by GE mobile app. The LED indicator light will be blinking blue, letting you know that it is in setup mode.
- Download and open the C by GE mobile app
- Tap the plus (+) icon to add new devices
- Select “Wired Switches”
- The app will check for any firmware updates that haven’t yet been installed on your devices.
- Always ensure firmware is up to date, especially when adding new devices
- The app will guide you through the rest of the setup process, including:
- Scanning for new switches and connecting to your WiFi network
- Adding the switch to a Room and changing its name
- Selecting the type of bulb controlled by the switch
Remember – you can easily pick which devices the switch will control by placing them in the same Room in the C by GE app. This enables you to control other switches, plugs, and bulbs whenever you press the physical buttons on your new switch, in addition to linking switches together for 3-way or 4-way installations. If you don’t want anything else to be controlled by your new switch, simply place it in a separate Room.