Once you’ve connected your C by GE smart switch to the C by GE app, you are ready to enable Google control. You do not need a C-Reach Smart Bridge to enable Google for the switch. Our Smart Switch is a Wi-Fi device that can enable Google without an additional hub.
NOTE: If you already have your C by GE account linked to the Google Home app, simply say, “Hey Google, Sync C by GE.”
If you are new to C by GE and Google Home, follow these instructions:
- Download the Google Home app
- Tap the Add (+ icon)
- Select “Set up device”
- Select “Works with Google”
- Type “C by GE” in the search bar
- Enter your C by GE account login information. This will link your C by GE and Google Home account.
- Google Home should identify and display your Smart Switch.
- Under “Choose device” select your Smart Switch. Tap “Next”
- Choose a “Home”
- Select the “Room” your Switch is in
You’re done! You can now control your switch and other C by GE lights with Google Home voice and app commands.