Once you’ve connected your C by GE smart switch to the C by GE app, you are ready to enable Alexa control. You do not need a C-Reach Smart Bridge to enable Alexa for the Switch. Our Smart Switch is a Wi-Fi device that can enable Alexa without an additional hub.
NOTE: If you already have the C by GE skill enabled, check your devices page in the Alexa app. If you do not see your new smart plug listed, simply say, “Alexa, discover devices.”
If you are new to C by GE and Alexa, follow these instructions:
- Download and open the Amazon Alexa app
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner
- Select “Skills & Games”
- Tap the search icon and type in “C by GE”
- Select the C by GE skill and tap “Enable to use”
- Enter your C by GE account login information
- Next, you will be prompted to Discover Devices. Tap “Discover Devices” button
- When your switch has been discovered, select and set it up in the room it’s installed in
You’re done! You can now control your Switch and other C by GE lights with Alexa voice and app commands.