"Made for Google" products, like our C by GE light bulbs and light strips, are designed to have a simple set up and a direct connection to a Google Home device through the Google Home app.
IMPORTANT: When you set up your C by GE lights with this Made For Google simple setup, your lights will solely be controlled through the Google Home app and your Google Voice Assistant. You will not be able to connect your bulbs to the C by GE app.
- Plug in your Google Home Device
- Download and open the Google Home app
- Set up your Google Home device in the Google Home app
- Plug in your light strip or screw in your C by GE light bulb in the same room as your Google Home device
- Turn on the light
- Open the Google Home app
- Select “Add +”
- Select “Set up device”
- Select “New Devices”
- Choose a “home” where you want to control your lights
- When Google Home finds a device, select “Set up some smart lights”
- Select the “smart light to set up”
- When light bulb blinks, select “Set up”
- Choose the “room” where your lights are located
- Create a unique name for your smart light
- Select “Next"
When light blinks, you’re done! Your light is now connected to Google Home. You can control your light through the Google Home app or by voice with your Google Assistant.