Once you’ve connected your C by GE smart plug to the C by GE app, you are ready to enable Alexa control.
- Download and open the Amazon Alexa app
- Tap the menu icon in the top left corner
- Select “Skills & Games”
- Tap the search icon and type in “C by GE”
- Select the C by GE skill and tap “Enable to use”
- If you already have the C by GE skill enabled, skip ahead to additional instructions below.
- Enter your C by GE account login information
- Next, you will be prompted to Discover Devices. Tap “Discover Devices” button
- When your plug has been discovered, select and set it up in the room it’s installed in
You’re done! You can now control your plug and other C by GE lights with Alexa voice and app commands.
If you already have the C by GE skill enabled:
- Select “Devices” in the bottom right corner of the Amazon Alexa app
- Tap the plus(+) icon in the top right corner
- Select “Add Device”
- Select “Plug”
- Select “Other” in the brand category
- Tap “Discover Devices” button
- Once your Plug has been discovered, select “Set Up Device” button