To enable the Works With HomeKit feature, you will need a C-Reach. Make sure to first, write down the 8 digit HomeKit setup code (xxx-xx-xxx) on the back of the C-Reach. You will need this number for set up.
NOTE: HomeKit is currently only available for our C by GE smart lights. Functionality for C by GE switches and plug is coming soon. Keep an eye on cbyge.com for updates.
Next, set up your C-Reach in the C by GE app before proceeding to the following instructions.
- Open C by GE app and go to Settings
- Select “HomeKit & Siri”
- Tap the (plus +) icon in the top right corner.
- Select “Add Accessories”
- Make sure to reference the HomeKit setup code on the back of the C-Reach. Once you are ready, press Continue.
- Either scan the back label of the C-Reach or hold your iPhone near the back label. If you do not scan, you will be prompted to type in the HomeKit setup code. This is an 8 digit code on the back of the C-Reach (xxx-xx-xxx)
- Select the accessory
- Once connected, tap “Next,” then tap “Next” as C by GE bulbs are identified.
You're done! You can now control your C by GE smart lights with HomeKit.