Welcome to the “Made For Google” simple set up for the Google Smart Light Starter Kit!
"Made for Google" products, like our C by GE light bulbs, are designed to have a simple set up and a direct connection to a Google Home device through the Google Home app.
IMPORTANT: When you set up your C by GE light bulbs with this Made For Google simple setup, you will not be able to connect your bulbs to the C by GE app. Your bulbs will solely be controlled through the Google Home app and your Google Voice Assistant.
- Plug in your Google Home Device
- Download and open the Google Home app
- Set up your Google Home device in the Google Home app
- Screw in your C by GE light bulb in the same room as your Google Home device
- Turn on the light
- Open the Google Home app
- Select “Yes” when the Google Home app asks you to set up your smart bulb.
- Choose or create a custom “room” where your lights are located
- Create a unique name for your smart bulb
- Select “Next"
When light bulb blinks, you’re done! Your light is now connected to Google Home. You can control your light through the Google Home app or by voice with your Google Assistant.
Here are some simple voice commands you can use with your new smart light set up.
If you are unable to pair your C by GE bulb with your Google Home app and Voice Assistant, here are some troubleshooting steps to take.