Set up your Google voice assistant with your C by GE lights so you can control them with your voice! To enable this Works With Google feature, you will need a C-Reach*. Make sure your C-Reach is set up in your C by GE app before proceeding.
NOTE: If you are setting up Google with your C by GE smart switch or plug, you do not need a C-Reach. Our smart switches and plug are Wi-Fi devices that do not require a hub to enable your voice assistant.
- Download and open the Google Home app
- Tap the (plus +) icon on the Home Control tab
- Select “Set up device”
- Under “Works with Google,” select “Have something already set up?”
- Search for and select “C by GE”
- Log into your C by GE account to sync your C-Reach
You can now control your C by GE devices with your voice using the Google voice assistant!
*NOTE: These instructions are for the Works With Google set up. You can also control your lights with the Made For Google simple set up. The Made For Google simple set up allows you to directly connect your C by GE lights to the Google Home app and Voice Assistant without a C-Reach or C by GE app. Currently, our C by GE smart switches and plug do not have Made For Google functionality.